Have you been enthralled by the winter Olympics in Sochi this winter? I know I have, though the late night viewing is starting to take its toll! I love this craft for sheer cuteness factor. It also encourages creative play and is a great rainy day craft for kids dreaming of their own Olympic feats of greatness. Thank you Spoonful for this clever craft!
What you'll need:
- A blank wooden clothespin for each skier
- Acrylic Paints
- Washi Tape
- Wool trimmings or cotton balls
- Craft Sticks
- Lollipop Sticks
- Craft Glue
- Glue Gun
- Fine Black Marker
- First paint the pants and polo neck top on the clothespins and set aside to dry. It only takes a few minutes for the paint to soak into the wood and be touch dry.
- Next wrap some washi tape around the upper bodies to create the stylish ski jackets.
- Paint some craft glue on the head of the doll and stick on the wool trimmings or cotton ball. Draw two small black dots for the eyes
- Decorate the skiies with some more washi tape..... you might decide to go snowboarding instead with a single craft stick!
- Then heat up your glue gun and glue the doll onto the craft stick skies, and the lollipop stick ski poles to the sides of the body. Give the glue a few moments to set.
Image from: Spoonful
Contributed by Danyelle, Fairmont Private Schools