The new school year begins tomorrow at Fairmont Private Schools, and hopefully your student is ready to return to the classroom! Here’s a simple checklist to ensure that you and your child are prepared for the first day of school:
- Fill backpacks with necessary school supplies.
- Pack a lunch or ensure that lunch money is available to the student.
- Launder and lay out the student’s clothes for the morning.
- Plan a hearty breakfast.
- Ensure that your student has his or her class schedule or teacher’s name.
- Review with your child the transportation plan for pick-up and drop-off.
- Charge your phone or camera for First Day of School pictures and use #FairmontFirstDay when posting to social media.
Make sure your child gets plenty of sleep the night before and wake them up with positive energy to start the day off right. Making the transition from summer vacation to a classroom setting as seamless as possible will help your child succeed early in the year!
Contributed by Rebecca Stokes, Fairmont Private Schools
Image by Mysixringcircus.com