- Nature hike--get out and enjoy the great outdoors together. Find a trail near you by going to LocalHikes and entering your zipcode.
- Movie--bond over popcorn and a family-friendly flick at your local cinema.
- Children's Museum--dads are really just big kids themselves, so they'll love a hands-on children's museum like Discovery Science Center or The Bowers Museum's Kidseum.
- Beach--so cal dads love the beach! Head over to Crystal Cove State Park for swimming, tide pooling, and sand castle making. Dad and kids will love the burgers and hand-blended shakes at the Shake Shack or for fancier fare book a reservation at the Beachcomber.
- Camping--dad can showcase his outdoor survival skills on a weekend away camping. Check out these last minute camping ideas from Sunset magazine or for something even closer to home pitch a tent in your own backyard!
Contributed by Darcy & Danyelle, Fairmont Private Schools