In honor of all of the loving, hard working, patient, beautiful...amazing mothers out there (many of whom are also teachers here at Fairmont), we wanted to share some of our favorite quotes about motherhood. We hope you will take advantage of Mother's Day this Sunday to honor the women in your life who have helped you become the person you are today. And if you're a mother yourself, give yourself a pat on the back for us. You are your child's first and most important teacher and have an incredibly important and difficult job. Kudos to you!
- A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan
- All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother. ~Abraham Lincoln
- Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother. ~ Lin Yutang
- The mother is the one supreme asset of national life; she is more important by far than the successful statesman, or business man, or artist, or scientist. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- There was never a great man who had not a great mother, it is hardly an exaggeration. ~Olive Schreiner
Image from webclipart.about.com
Contributed by Darcy, Fairmont Private Schools