Fall is finally here. Time for flannel, hot cider, and a visit to the pumpkin patch. Kick off the holiday season with a trip to one of Orange County's top-rated pumpkin-picking destinations. Make it an adventure for the whole family and don't forget to bring your camera!
- Tanaka Farms is conveniently located in Irvine and offers a U-Pick Pumpkin Patch open daily through October 31st from 9am-6pm. Admission, parking and corn maze are free. In addition to a vast selection of pumpkins, there are U-Pick vegetables, wagon rides, and a petting zoo. On the weekends enjoy the Fall Harvest with food, games, ATV rides and more.
- Irvine Park Railroad offers the ultimate pumpkin patch experience--complete with train rides, hay rides, tractor races, face painting, panning for gold, a child-friendly haunted house, great food, and more. Irvine Park Railroad is open 7 days a week from September 17-October 31 from 10am-5pm on weekdays and 10am-6pm on weekends. Admission is free. Parking is $3 on weekdays and $5 on weekends.
- Johnson Brothers is also centrally located in Irvine and includes many free activities including barnyard animals, an Indian Village with authentic tipis, do-it-yourself face painting and much more. There are also pony rides and a bounce house. Admission is free and the pumpkin patch is open every day until Halloween from 9am-9pm.
- Pumpkinpalooza at Zoomar's Petting Zoo in San Juan Capistrano offers pumpkins, petting and pony rides, plus lots more for the admissions price of $7 (kids) and $8 (adults). It is open daily from 9am-5pm. Visit Zoomar's Facebook page for more details about this year's event and consider taking the train to San Juan for an added adventure.
- Big Horse Corn Maze in Temecula boasts the largest corn maze in Southern California, which just may make it worth the drive. Also unique are its piglet and ducky races, hay wagon rides, corn cannon, and pumpkin bowling! The maze is open weekdays from 1pm-5pm and weekends from 10am-4pm. Some activities are only available on weekends, so make sure to check the website for details.
Photo from Microsoft Office photo gallery
Contributed by Darcy, Fairmont Private Schools