As parents, you are your child's first and forever teacher. It's a big responsibility, especially in today's rapidly changing world. You can count on Fairmont to provide great educational opportunities in a fun and challenging school environment. But there's plenty you can do at home to prepare your child for success in the 21st century. Here are a few pointers from Edutopia's Parents Guide to 21st Century Learning:
- EXTEND THE SCHOOL DAY with experiences that help kids pursue interests and build new skills. Check out the latest extracurricular classes offered at your Fairmont campus.
- LOOK FOR SUMMER CAMPS AND OTHER LEARNING EXPERIENCES that build 21st-century skills. We're a big fan of Fairmont's Summer Programs.
- BUILD ON YOUR KIDS’ INTEREST IN GAMING by getting them connected with Massively Minecraft, a digital-media learning community created by parents and teachers for students ages 4-16.
- UNLOCK YOUR CHILD’S CREATIVE POTENTIAL through community arts programs. Read Edutopia's article on why the arts are critical.
- HELP YOUR CHILDREN MASTER COMMUNICATION AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION SKILLS by practicing social and emotional learning at home. Borrow ideas from the Edutopia article, Raise Your Student’s Emotional-Intelligence Quotient.
Photo from Microsoft Office photo gallery
Contributed by Danyelle, Fairmont Private Schools