Here at Fairmont, the annual holiday concerts have become a beloved tradition. The wintry decor, adorable costumes, bright lights and lovely music combine to create a magical experience for the audience. To help you make the most of your student's performance, here is the full schedule of shows along with a few concert-going tips.
2011 Holiday Concert Schedule
Anaheim Hills Preschool Sing-a-Long
-Thursday, December 8 at 9:00am for P3 Parents
-Friday, December 9 at 9:00am for P4 and M-W-F P3 Parents
Citron Holiday Caroling
-Thursday, December 8th at 9:30am
-Friday, December 9th at 9:30am
Edgewood Holiday Caroling by Kindergarten, 2nd and 4th grade
-Tuesday, December 13
-Wednesday, December 7: 1st and 2nd Grade Winter Performance at 9:00 a.m. AND 6:30 p.m.
-Wednesday, December 14: 6th/JH Grade Instrumental & Ensemble Winter Concert at 9:00 a.m. AND 6:30 p.m.
Fairmont Holiday Concert Tips
- Read the Fine Print. Many of the holiday shows have multiple performances to accommodate all the parents. Read the details in your campus e-newsletter and be sure to attend the right performance.
- Know Where to Sit. In advance of the concert, take your child into the MPR and ask him or her to show you where he or she stands during the show so you know the best place to sit to capture that perfect picture or video.
- Arrive Early. Parking and seating may be limited, so leave yourself some extra time to settle in and mingle with other parents.
- Charge Up. Camera and video camera batteries seem destined to run out at the most inopportune moments. Don't risk it...charge up the night before and bring back-ups.
- Enjoy the Moment. It can be tempting to stay behind the camera the entire performance to capture every second of cuteness, but we recommend you snap a couple great pics and then put down the camera to truly take in the show.
Contributed by Alyssa, Fairmont Private Schools