The CHOC Holiday Toy Drive has become a Fairmont tradition. We are so proud of our students and the entire Fairmont community for helping us collect dozens of boxes of holiday toys destined for the children who come to CHOC hospital throughout the year for treatment. Sick children of all ages benefit from your generosity. Here are a few tips to keep in mind as you make your toy selections.
- The majority of CHOC's patients are under 3 years of age, so their greatest need is for toys and gifts for infants and toddlers. Teethers, rattles, musical toys, shape sorters, dolls, cars and trucks, etc. are great gift ideas.
- The hospital also has a great need for items for older children ages 13-18. Electronics, video games, and craft kits are popular with teens.
- Make sure all of your donations are new and unwrapped.
- Non-toy items such as batteries, art supplies, and games are welcome.
- Due to the hospital's sanitation policies, please do not donate stuffed animals or hand-made items such as knitted/crocheted blankets, hats or socks, etc.
Be sure to get your gift donation in before the OC HOG Chapter Harley riders come rolling on to a campus near you on Friday, December 9.
Contributed by Danyelle, Fairmont Private Schools